Photo Credit: Dave Patten
This week, I am inspired by all things lavender. What a day of bliss it would be to just wander around this field! Lavender smells so divine and the color is lovely. This outfit would be picture perfect for spending a sunny day in that field:
This ensemble would be beautiful for a day on the waterfront or at the park.
So far, I haven’t done much cooking or baking with lavender, but I am just itching to try! Here is a round up of some amazing and different recipes.
1. Lavender Macarons with Orchid Buttercream Filling by Diary of a Mad Hausfrau
2. Lavender Lemonade by Eat Yourself Skinny
3. Lavender & Sea Salt Caramels by Fragrant Fanatic
4. Lavender Sugar by Real Epicurean
5. Lavender Simple Syrup by The View From Great Island
6. Lavender Cupcakes with Earl Grey Icing by She Knows
7. Lavender Champagne by Martha Stewart Living
I especially enjoy lavender for its scent and medicinal properties. It has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, and is also believed to aid in sleep and relaxation.
Photo Credit: Focus Acne
Lavender Oil is known to have a number of benefits, including treating anxiety, aiding digestion, and reducing acne & skin inflammation. Join me later this week for a tutorial on how to make my favorite all-natural hand salve with lavender and chamomile- it soothes dry, itchy skin and smells wonderful!
What is your favorite scent? Join the conversation below!